- Work for an NFP aged care organisation in Hope Valley
- Lead a team to provide customer service excellence
- Salary packaging benefits available
Reporting to the General Manager Residential Care, you will be responsible for
managing and overseeing the Hospitality Services for the Residential Home, including Kitchen and catering services, Café facility, laundry services and cleaning services.
Your duties will include:
- Oversight of compliance within the home’s kitchen including food safety, menu development, and food preparation and service.
- Responsible for maintaining cleaning and laundry standards in line with accreditation requirements.
- Work within health and safety regulations in order to prevent accidents and ensure a safe environment for both residents and staff, reporting hazards where appropriate.
- Oversee the Hospitality team, including roster oversight, performance and organising relevant training in line with training needs and legislative requirements.
- Management of hospitality budgets, in consultation with the GM
- Developing external relationships with contractors and oversee the quality of work conducted at the home - e.g. laundry supplier
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders
To be successful in this position you will be a role model and leader in supporting and affirming the service excellence culture, vision and mission of LHI. You will be able to demonstrate responsible and thoughtful use of resources, being mindful of the costs of consumable items and the environment.
You are an experienced chef and leader of people who finds job satisfaction in providing customer service excellence.
- Formal qualifications as a Chef
- Experience in managing hospitality staff
- Understanding of legislation relevant to the vulnerable older person.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills and the ability to proactively identify and meet expectations in a timely manner.
- Able to develop strong, professional relationships with all internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to be self-directed and work autonomously.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal.
- Effective time management and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to prioritise work, manage pressure and deal with competing demands effectively.
- Intermediate Computer skills
- A commitment to ongoing professional development.
Previous experience in working with older people or in an aged care environment, or using CIM software is highly desirable.
About Our Client
Lutheran Homes Inc. (now LHI Retirement Services) was founded in 1957 and they continue to grow today, striving to achieve aged care service excellence by valuing people.
The village at Glynde consists of approximately 300 Independent Living Units, a Residential Care Facility, various community support facilities and a purpose-built church. The Hope Valley site enjoys similar facilities to those at Glynde. Across both sites, LHI cares for over 1,000 people.
Further information on LHI can be found at www.lhi.org.au and queries can be directed to Mel Blondell on 0401 614 518.
To apply, please ensure you click the Apply button, upload a CV and cover letter contained in one document, and complete the checklists that will follow. A position description is available when you click Apply.
Please Note: Our recruitment process will keep you regularly informed of the progress of your application. Please ensure that you check your email for updates. Subsequent stages of the recruitment process may include a pre-recorded video interview. Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is appointed.