- Work for an NFP aged care organisation
- Part-time position
- Salary packaging benefits available
Oversee end to end payroll functions in this 0.8 FTE role in a values-based aged care provider.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the Payroll Clerk and ensuring that the payroll for all employees is processed accurately on a fortnightly basis.
Your duties will include fortnightly payroll processing and oversight of the salary packaging arrangements:
- Set up and maintain the cost allocations, pay rates and other details of all employees
- Establish and maintain Staff master file details on the payroll system;
- Ensure all overtime and leave hours have been approved before payment
- Monitor and adjust all pay rates to reflect increments that are based on hours worked.
- Respond to day to day payroll queries
- Ensure all taxation, workers compensation and superannuation requirements are complied with and up to date
- Complete all end of year reconciliations and prepare all Payment Summaries
- End of month General Ledger reconciliation
- Produce accrued leave reports
- Provide back up and support to the Finance Team.
- Set up, process and monitor all salary packaging arrangements within the payroll system.
- Develop all correspondence associated with salary packaging arrangements and respond to employee queries
- Provide advice to staff and managers regarding payroll policies, procedures, guidelines and documentation
You will also be responsible for administering payroll requirements for the RTWSA self-insurance scheme including:
- Calculate income maintenance payments
- Liaise with and support the WHS team with income support payments in payroll
- Complete all payroll related RTWSA monthly and year-end reconciliations and returns
Management of the provision of uniforms is allocated to this role.
The pay rate for this role is $32.74 per hour plus salary packaging benefits (equivalent to approximately $37.74 per hour without salary packaging benefits).
You are an experienced payroll professional who has demonstrated ability to oversee payroll of 350+ employees.
- Sound computer skills in a broad range of applications including Excel and Word.
- Ability to provide advice, guidance and direction to managers and staff regarding policies, procedures and documentation associated with all payroll matters.
- Sound understanding of HR legislation and regulations including modern Awards, National Employment Standards and the Fair Work Act
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills and the ability to proactively identify and meet expectations in a timely manner.
- Able to develop strong, professional relationships with all internal/external stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail skills with a focus on ensuring accurate preparation of documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to prepare reports, policies and procedures and communicate these to all employees.
About Our Client
Lutheran Homes Inc. (now LHI Retirement Services) was founded in 1957 and they continue to grow today, striving to achieve aged care service excellence by valuing people.
The village at Glynde consists of approximately 300 Independent Living Units, a Residential Care Facility, various community support facilities and a purpose-built church. The Hope Valley site enjoys similar facilities to those at Glynde. LHI cares for over 1,000 people and employs approximately 500 staff.
LHI's caring and responsive management processes have ensured they have kept abreast of the challenges and expectations in the world of providing services to older Australians.
Throughout our history, and in the future, LHI Retirement Services will continue to set new standards in retirement living.
Further information on LHI can be found at www.lhi.org.au and queries can be directed to Mel Blondell on 0401 614 518.
To apply, please ensure you click the Apply button, upload a CV and cover letter contained in one document, and complete the checklists that will follow. A position description is available when you click Apply.
Please Note: Our recruitment process will keep you regularly informed of the progress of your application. Please ensure that you check your email for updates. Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is appointed.